THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION.
We are looking for an organized and motivated General Accountant to join our accounting team. The accountant will work closely with the Group Controller, accounting team, and operations personnel for day-to-day functions. This position will assist the finance team in generating accurate and timely financial transactions and statements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet and bank reconciliations in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Provide analysis with supporting schedules and documentation.
- Balance sub-ledger reports to the general ledger. Reconcile accounts for the fiscal month and year-end closings.
- Responsible for 401K reporting and follow up.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Provide requested documentation for annual audit, tax, and other external inquiries.
- Cross train/back up the estimator/production control coordinator and accounts payable positions.
- Analyze and review accounting data reports and respond to management inquiries.
- Coordinate the cycle count for the plant and warehouse.
- Work closely with the financial controller regarding upcoming projects regarding budgeting, property taxes, expenditures analysis, and our retirement savings and profit sharing plan.
- Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize key responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills required with the ability to provide effective problem solving solutions.
- High integrity and ethical conduct.
- Minimum of 5 years.